Certifying your Mid-sized Property
Properties between .25 acres – 15 acres
Watershed-Friendly Property Certification
- Reducing stormwater runoff
- Reducing pollution
- Conserving water
- Supporting wildlife and pollinators
- Participating in community-based watershed protection activities
Why should you certify your property to be watershed-friendly?
The goal of this project is to expand the number of watershed-friendly properties throughout the Commonwealth while at the same time educating residents, communities, educational institutions, and businesses about the value of a healthy watershed and best practices for improving water quality. Healthy landscapes make healthy communities. Certifying your property has many benefits including:
Protects your local streams and rivers and all the life that depends on clean water.
- Promotes habitat for birds, fish and other wildlife.
- Recognizes your commitment to best practices managing water on your property
- Educates others about healthy watersheds
- Brings awareness to the program
- Helps support the Master Watershed Steward Program
- Provides you with tools and resources to achieve a watershed-friendly status
- Gives you “bragging rights” for all of your hard work
What do you need to do to certify your property?
1. Complete the online application. For a preview or printable worksheet of the application click here.
2. 2. If you qualify, you will be emailed a certificate verifying that your landscape is watershed-friendly. We will also post mail you a free window decal. If your property does not qualify, please use the helpful resources on the application page to find out what you can do to make your property more watershed-friendly. If your property does not qualify, please use the helpful resources on the application page to find out what you can do to make your property more watershed-friendly.
3. Qualifying property owners will be eligible to order a Watershed-Friendly Property sign. Your sign will be shipped to you within two weeks.
The certificate and the sign show your commitment to managing a healthy watershed.
To see a photo gallery of certified properties, click here.
Do you need help or have questions?
Contact a Master Watershed Steward here.